In the state of North Carolina, you are required to have an auto insurance policy in order to obtain a NC drivers license.  The situations would include.. Getting a NC license for the first time (from a permit or ID)  Reinstating a suspended NC drivers license, or switching a license from another state (moved to NC from another state)  If you do not own a vehicle, then a NON-OWNER DL123 endorsed policy is required in lieu of a traditional OWNERS auto policy.  The insurance policy must be accompanied by a DL123 form (affidavit of insurance) to show the state in order to switch the license, or take the testing.  Basically, the DL123 form for NC guarantees the state that a liability insurance auto policy is written, to AT LEAST state minimum coverage for the listed driver.  With this documentation, a potential licensee can continue the process with the state.  Once the valid license is obtained, the driver is on his/her own to keep properly insured based on the driving situation.  At WESSELL INSURANCE, we can typically get the first month and DL123 policy in place for $135 or so (Non-owner)  This may be all that is required to complete the NC license/DL123 process.  Call us today.

Posted 3:38 PM

Share |

NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive

View Mobile Version


Wessell Insurance Services, llc

1676 Bryan Road, #103
O'Fallon, MO 63368

Toll Free: 866-663-7561
Local: 636-614-4125

Insurance Products

Non-Owner Auto
Broad Form 
Commercial Auto


About Us


Contact Us

Free Quote