In the state of North Carolina, you must have auto insurance (owners, or non-owners auto) to obtain a drivers license.  Frequently, we have drivers call us asking what a DL123 form is...  When we hear that, it is clear that the state wants to have proof of an active auto insurance policy to issue a drivers license.  The NC DL123 form required is completed in our office, and faxed/emailed within 10 minutes to exchange for a valid license.  The two main situations requiring the DL123 form are obtaining a license for the first time (usually from a permit), or reinstating a previously suspended license.  We also see individuals that are transferring a license from another state, and do not own a vehicle.. so there is no existing insurance policy.  You must have a valid auto insurance policy (based in NC) to move your license over.  The majority of auto policies that we do in NC are "non-owner auto" and they are written almost exclusively to obtain a drivers license.  Most situations require the policy be kept in force for 6 months.  In any case, Wessell Insurance can get you the NC auto insurance you need fast, and cheap

Posted 11:12 AM

Share |

NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2023
  • 2022
  • 2021
  • 2020
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012

View Mobile Version