Non Owner Auto Insurance | SR22 Without A Car            FREE QUOTE


Operator only car insurance coverage, also known as non owner SR22 insurance, is for people required by the state to submit a certificate of financial responsibility (CFR) to get their license reinstated, but do not own a car. If you are in this situation, we can help. We can issue you a nonowner car insurance policy with or without an SR22 filing.

We will get you the cheapest insurance with the state legal limits, and have your SR-22 electronically filed, so you can get your driver's license reinstated and start driving again.


What is non owner insurance?

Non owner insurance is liability coverage for the driver, it does not give any direct coverage to a vehicle. The non driver policy provides liability coverage for when you borrow a friend or neighbors car and are in an at fault accident.  When an accident occurs claims are pulled from the liability policy on the auto first, if those limits are exceeded, your non owner car insurance policy serves as supplemental liability insurance coverage.

Who Needs Non Owner SR22 Insurance?

You participate in car-sharing . A non owner car insurance policy supplements the liability coverage the car-sharing service provides. Financially, the non driver car insurance coverage gives you extra protection in case an accident victim sues you.

  • You borrow cars frequently. If you cause an accident while driving a friend’s car, the insurance coverage on the car would be pulled from first. But if the claims on the accident exceed the liability limits on the cars insurance policy you were driving, you could be sued for the remainder. By obtaining a non owner or operator only car insurance policy you would have supplemental coverage which gives you financial protection.
  • You’ve been convicted of a DUI, have a suspended license, applying for a hardship license or have been ordered by the state to file an SR-22, FR44, or SR50 certificate of insurance to reinstate you drivers license, but don't own a car. A non owner policy can be issued with the SR22 form, which provides proof to the state that you have purchased the state required liability car insurance. The operator only policy is what is purchased when you need an SR22 filing or FR44 filing, but no car.

Where Do I Get Non Owner SR22 Insurance Coverage

Not all insurance carriers offer operator only SR-22 policies or certificate of insurance filings.  However, we work with auto insurance carriers that offer both car and operator only coverage with certificate of insurance filings. By contacting our office toll-free at 1-866-663-7561, our agents can help you get
the coverage you need to get your license reinstated.

We can provide immediate proof of insurance via e-mail or fax and the SR-22 is filed electronically with the state the day the policy is purchased.

When the original insurance, non owner policy is put in place and the named insured decides to purchase a car, your policy can be converted to an auto owner’s policy.  Also, once the SR22 insurance is no longer needed, or the offense requiring it falls off your driving record, it’ll be a great time to comparison shop and see if cheaper auto insurance rates are available.

How Much Does Non Owner Insurance Cost?

An insurance policy can be as low as $300 a year, and as high as $4,500 a year. The amount you will pay depends on where you live, your age, gender, your driving record (MVR), and the type and amount of insurance coverage you choose. Non-owner insurance policies do not have a deductible. If you need an SR22 filing with your policy there may be an additional fee.

Request Your Free Quote

Insurance Products Available

SR-22 Insurance
Liability Only
High Risk
Commercial Auto
Broad Form
Golf Cart


Insurance Companies that offer operator only SR22 car insurance*:


*This list is not exclusive and not all carriers may offer this type of coverage in your state or provide an SR22. Please contact us today to get affordable non owner or auto owner car insurance policy to get your driver's license reinstated! 1-866-663-7561.