Alabama SR22 Insurance
Alabama SR22 insurance is required to get your Alabama driver’s license reinstated after a DUI, driving without insurance, at fault accident, suspended license, too many tickets, etc. We can provide you with the cheapest non owner, auto or motorcycle SR22 insurance quotes. Need an out of state Alabama SR22 to get a driver’s license in another state? We can help.
What is SR22 Insurance? SR22 insurance serves as proof to the state that you have the legal liability insurance to get your AL driver’s license reinstated. This form is attached to an auto insurance, non owners insurance, or a motorcycle insurance policy.
|Start Your Free Quote|
If I don’t have a car, do I still need SR22 insurance?
Yes. If the state has ordered you to get an SR 22 insurance filing to get your license back, you will be required to get an SR22 non-owners insurance policy.
When the state has ordered you to carry SR22 Insurance in order to get your driver’s license reinstated you must show proof that you have purchased liability insurance coverage. The court decides whether you need Alabama SR-22 insurance based on your driving record or other legal issues, and for how long. Depending on your situation, it could be between 3-5 years.
Types of Alabama SR22 Insurance
1) Owner policy – A standard auto insurance policy on a vehicle titled in your name with the state of Alabama, with an SR-22 certificate of financial responsibility attached.
2) Non-owners Insurance or Operator Only policy – An insurance policy which covers a driver, not a specific vehicle. This means, it gives liability insurance to you (the named insured) when you are driving a friend or neighbors car. This coverage is only used if the liability limits on the vehicle policy have been exceeded. It does not cover any vehicle you own or any vehicle in the same household. Typically, non-owner SR22 policies are a cheaper option for getting your driver’s license reinstated.
3) Motorcycle policy– A standard motorcycle insurance policy with the state legal liability insurance limits with an SR-22 certificate of financial responsibility attached. Not all carriers sell SR22 motorcycle insurance.
Alabama Law requires all Drivers to Carry Liability Insurance
Legal liability limits are 25/50/25:
$25,000 for bodily injury to 1 person
$50,000 for bodily injury to 2 or more people
$25,000 for property damage
Who needs SR-22 Insurance?
*Please note this is not a complete list, please contact the state of AL for a list of all violations:
• DUI / DWI – BAC over the Alabama legal limit of .08
• Serious moving violations, e.g. reckless driving, speeding
• Failure to provide valid proof of insurance or providing false documents
• Driving on suspended or revoked license
• Excessive tickets
• Unpaid legal judgments
• Failure to pay child support
Cost of SR22 Insurance
The cost of SR22 insurance is determined the same way auto insurance is determined. Factors that are used to calculate insurance premium are; age, gender, marital status, zip code, number of accidents reported in that zip code, crime rate in zip code, etc. Call SR22-Insurance-Policies.com at 1-866-663-7561 to get the cheapest Alabama SR22 quote or get an online quote.
Cheap SR22 Insurance For The Entire State of Alabama, Including:
Birmingham Montgomery Mobile Huntsville Tuscaloosa Hoover Dothan Decatur Auburn Madison Florence Gadsden Vestavia Hills Prattville Phenix City Alabaster Bessemer Enterprise Opelika Homewood Northport Annistom Prichard Athens Daphne Pelha Oxford Albertville Selma Mountain Brook Trussville Troy Center Point Helena Hueytown Talladega Fairhope Ozark Alexander City Cullman Scottsboro Millbrook Foley Jasper Pell City Jacksonville Irondale Leeds Moody Calera Fairfield Atmore Chelsea Pleasant Grove Tuskegee Russellville Gulf Shores Sylacauga Muscle Shoals Eufaula Saraland Gardendale Fort Payne Hartselle