Mississippi SR22 Insurance
Mississippi SR-22 Insurance is required to get your MS driver’s license reinstated after a suspension, at fault accident, DUI, driving without insurance, license revocation, etc. Wessell Insurance Services can provide you with the cheapest Mississippi SR-22 insurance quotes and electronically file the SR22 form the same day the policy is purchased. We work with several insurance carriers to find you the best coverage and the best SR22 certificate of insurance filing rate.
Get the cheapest auto, non owner, motorcycle or out of state SR22 insurance quotes for MS here.
|Start Your Free Quote|
Certain violations require an SR22 form to be filed with the state of MS. The financial responsibility insurance filing or certificate of insurance, is a document filed by an insurance provider with the state of MS. This document serves as proof to the state that you have the financial responsibility to get your license back. This process will reinstate your suspended drivers license with the Highway Patrol Drivers Records in Jackson and allow you to restore your driving privileges.
The court will determine whether you need SR22 insurance, and for how long, usually 3 years. It is necessary to maintain insurance coverage during the time frame that the court mandates. If coverage lapses during the determined time frame the state will suspend drivers license. If you move out of state while carrying SR22 insurance you must continue your coverage in the state the infraction occurred for the duration already determined by the court.
Mississippi SR22 Insurance Requirements
The state of Mississippi requires all drivers to carry liability insurance with limits 25/50/25
$25,000 for bodily injury to 1 person
$50,000 for bodily injury to 2 or more people
$25,000 for property damage
These same limits are required for an SR-22 form and must be met prior to getting your license.
Types of SR22 Policies
1) Owner policy – which is a standard auto insurance policy or motorcycle insurance policy that covers a driver on their own personal vehicle or motorcycle.
2) Non owner or Operator Only Policy – is an auto insurance policy which gives liability coverage to the named insured when he / she is driving someone else’s car. A driver who does not have a vehicle registered in their name may purchase a non-owner policy. Non owner policies cost less while still meeting Mississippi SR-22 requirements.
3) Motorcycle SR22 – A standard motorcycle insurance policy with an SR22 certificate of financial responsibility attached.
SR-22 Financial Responsibility Auto Insurance is Required For Violations Such As:
- DUI, DWI
- serious moving violations, ie… reckless driving, speeding
- failure to provide valid proof of insurance or providing false documents
- driving on suspended or revoked license
- excessive tickets
- unpaid legal judgements
- failure to pay child support
FOR A FREE NO-HASSLE QUOTE CALL US AT WESSELL INSURANCE SERVICES 1-866-663-7561 FOR SAME DAY RESULTS
|Start Your Free SR22 Quote|
For additional information on MS SR-22 requirements contact:
Mississippi Highway Patrol Drivers Records
P.O. Box 958
Jackson, MS 39205
Mississippi Driver Self Service Portal www.ms.gov/dps/license_renewal/