Missouri SR22 Insurance
SR22 Insurance, also called SR22 certificate of financial responsibility or Missouri SR-22 form, is required to get your license reinstated after a suspension or revocation. If you have lost your license due to one of the violations listed below or have been ordered to have an SR22 certificate on file to restore your driving privileges, we can help. We can get you the cheapest quote for car or non owner SR22, and have your proof of insurance emailed or faxed to you the same day.
Violations such as: at fault accident, speeding, driving without proof of insurance, driving without insuring your vehicle,(DUI) driving drunk with a bac over .08, driving on a suspended license, excessive points on license (usually over 8), etc.
Start Your SR22 Insurance Quote
Minimum Insurance Requirements
$25,000 bodily injury of one person.
$50,000 bodily injury of two or more persons
$25,000 property damage
$25,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury of one person
$50,000 uninsured motorist bodily injury of two or more persons
While these are the minimum legal liability limits, higher liability coverage is always available and will give you better protection in the event of an accident. The SR22 form must have the state legal limits.
Types of Policies
1) Auto Owner – A standard car insurance policy that covers a driver on their owned personal vehicle or with an SR-22 attached, SR22 owner policy.
2) Non owner Operator – A non owner car insurance policy (driver does not own a car) which covers a driver for vehicles that they do not own. A driver who does not have a vehicle registered in their name but needs an SR-22 may purchase a non-owner policy. typically, non-owner policies cost less and carry significantly lower premiums than car insurance.
3) Motorcycle Owner – If you have a motorcycle in the state of MO you can purchase a motorcycle SR22 policy. This is a traditional motorcycle policy with a SR-22 attached.
How long do I need the SR22 on File?
In the state of MO individuals that are required to carry SR22 insurance are usually required to keep it on file from one (1) to three (3) years. The length of time you must maintain the SR-22 is directly related to your violations or reason for drivers license suspension. It is important to remember that your must maintain the SR-22 insurance for the specified time frame or your license is suspended again. If your policy cancels or lapses for any reason the insurance company is legally obligated to file a SR-26, which informs the state of the policy cancellation.
My Carrier doesn’t sell SR22s?
Not all insurance companies are licensed to issue SR-22s. When your current provider does not issue SR22 forms it’s time to do some research. When looking to purchase an SR22 there are a few things to consider:
1) Make sure the insurance company is licensed to do business in the state of MO.
2) Like with everything else, experience matters. Look for an insurance agency that has been in business for several years with out any complaints to the Department of Insurance and can tailor your insurance to your needs.
3) Professional and friendly service. After everything you’ve been through you want the last step of getting your license back to go smoothly and with out judgement.
Why do I need an SR22 if I don’t own a car?
Every state that requires an SR-22 filing, requires that you have the state mandated liability coverage whether you are a car owner or a non-owner (do not own car). The reasoning behind this is, the state assumes that you will be in a situation where you are driving another individuals car. By requiring you to have SR22 insurance with or without a car, the state feels they are protecting the other drivers on the road.
Where can I get an SR22?
As mentioned above, not all insurance companies sell SR22s. SR22-Insurance-Policies.com, powered by Wessell Insurance Services, llc, has been providing car insurance since 2006. We have the experience and knowledge to make sure your SR-22 filing is done correctly and quickly. We electronically file the certificate of insurance with Jefferson City and provide you with a copy of the insurance policy, ID card and SR22.
We work with several insurance providers throughout the state of MO and can get you a quick quote, great rates, excellent customer service and have your filing done today!
For additional information on Missouri Driving laws and SR22s contact the MO Drivers License Bureau, Motor Vehicle Division. Website www.dor.mo.gov.